Incredible India

Indian Politics

Indian Politics
Reaching Greater Heights

Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Zero Corruption Passport

The Indian Diaspora across the world is increasing at an all-time higher rate. People are going overseas to study, research, do business, work, tourism and many other purposes. Today, globalization has turned the world into a global village; distances are minimized with the help of technology. Therefore, there is a steep hike in no. of people applying for a fresh passport. Every foreign journey begins with a passports, one cannot do the above mentioned activities outside India, if he is not in a possession of a passport of Republic of India. Now starts the most revolutionizing step: getting a passport.  To go into insights of complexities involved in getting a passport, I arranged all my documents and applied for a fresh passport. After 3 weeks of my application, a police constable visited my place and followed his procedure for verification. After completing all his formalities, he demanded Rs.500 as his bribe and said it is his fees for doing verification and is disseminated from top-to-lower officials and warned me if I didn’t paid then, I’ll have to suffer and my file will not be cleared. I refused firmly and said that being a student, I’ll not pay a single penny and you do what you want to do with my file. After more than one month, my passport status showed that my police report was not clear, and then I wrote a mail to complaint authority of passport office, Bhopal. Within 1 week of my mail, my police report was clear and my passport was about to be dispatched. Finally I received my passport few days ago, to be surprised, even postman asked for some gift. But I had to refuse to him too, due to my policy of zero corruption. 

If we have all the tools available to fight against system, viz. RTI- Right to Information, in that case why there is a need to be corrupt. Hope I’m able to implement my policy of Zero Corruption, having failed many a time in my life, but still trying so that I’m able to reflect in my action all the time the same policy. It is my request to all the people who will be applying for a passport in near future, please adopt this policy and If there is any difficulty, I’m there to assist you in your bad times. Don’t cripple by seeing the system inefficient, rather use the infrastructure to convert your disability to strength.

No comments:

Post a Comment